YOUR SURGICAL GUIDE FOR HOSPITALS
If your doctor has recommended that a surgical procedure would be the best option for your current health condition, here is how the process of scheduling your surgery will work.
HOSPITALS WE ARE AFFILIATED WITH
If for whatever reason your surgery can not be performed at out Specialized GYN Surgical Institute please note that all Complete Women Care Physicians are affiliated with Long Beach Memorial Medical Center and Lakewood Regional Medical Institute.
3711 Long Beach Blvd., Suit e700
Long Beach, CA 90807
Phone: 562 242 258
2801 Atlantic Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90806
Phone: 562 933 2000
3700 E South Street
Lakewood, CA 90712
Phone: 562 531 2550
You will have your pre-operative appointment with your doctor during which you will discuss the options for your surgery and the whole surgical procedure will be explained to you. During your pre-operative appointment you will be asked to sign all necessary consent forms related to your procedure.
REAL TIME SCHEDULING WITH YOUR SURGICAL COORDINATOR
During your preoperative visit, your doctor will call one of our surgical coordinators. With your surgical coordinator, you will discuss the following:
- The next available date for your procedure (you will receive a tentative date).
- Before we can schedule your procedure, your insurance benefits have to be verified. Depending on your insurance and your plan, this process usually takes one to two business days.
- After your benefits are verified, you will receive a call from your Surgical Coordinator who will give you options on where your surgery can be performed. Depending on your benefits, your procedure will be performed at our GYN Surgical Institute or at a local hospital.
- The surgical coordinator will then schedule your procedure at the facility that you have chosen.This process takes one to two business days.
- The surgical coordinator will schedule your pre-surgery visit with our physician’s assistant and will make sure that you have signed all necessary paperwork.
- The surgical coordinator will schedule your post-op appointment with your surgeon.
- You will receive an email from our Surgical Coordinator with detailed instructions regarding how to prepare for the surgery and all other information related to the day of your procedure.
If your procedure is scheduled at our GYN Surgical Institute, you will also receive a call from our anesthesiologist who will answer your questions related to anesthesia. You can also expect a call from our nursing team within 24 hours after your discharge to make sure that you are feeling alright.
NEED MORE INFO?
For all questions in regards to your surgical procedure please contact one of our Surgical Coordinators at 562 242 258.