“Our OB/GYN specialists offer consultations prior to any surgical procedure.”
This is an opportunity to discuss any questions about the procedure in greater detail. Some questions to ask are as follows:
- What type of procedure is being done?
- What is going to happen during the procedure?
- How long will the surgery take?
- Will anesthesia be administered?
- How will pain be treated after surgery?
- When can daily activities be resumed?
- What are the side effects, complications, and risks of the surgery?
- Are there any pamphlets or materials that explain the procedure?
Before the appointment, begin thinking about questions and write them down in a notebook. Bring the notebook to the consultation and write down important information at this time.
Asking detailed questions during the consultation will help ease any fears or uncertainties regarding the procedure.