CALL 562 634 8812 | REQUEST CALL BACK | SCHEDULE ONLINE
WHAT IS A HYSTERECTOMY?
A hysterectomy is a surgery to remove the uterus. Depending on the situation, the whole uterus or just part of it may be removed. During the hysterectomy, Fallopian tubes and ovaries may also be removed.
A HYSTERECTOMY MIGHT BE PERFORMED DUE TO:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Adenomyosis (thickening of the uterus)
- Cancer of the uterus, cervix, or ovaries
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Uterine fibroids that cause or/and pain bleeding
- Uterine prolapse (sliding of the uterus into the vaginal canal)
TYPES OF HYSTERECTOMIES
- A partial, subtotal, or supra-cervical hysterectomy removes just the upper part of the uterus. The cervix is left in place.
- A total hysterectomy removes the whole uterus and the cervix.
- A radical hysterectomy removes the whole uterus, the tissue on both sides of the cervix, and the upper part of the vagina. This is done mostly when there is cancer present.
WHY CHOSE THE GYN SURGICAL INSTITUTE FOR YOUR HYSTERECTOMY?
The GYN Surgical institute is specialized in pelvic procedures.
LEARN ABOUT “LESS”
The latest 3D minimally invasive technology with best outcomes for hysterectomies
We use the world’s only 3D imaging system to perform hysterectomies.
The new approach to performing hysterectomies at Complete Women Care means:
- Less time under anesthesia
- Less time in the operating room
- Less recovery time
- Less trauma and scarring to the abdominal wall
- Less postoperative pain