Your Guide to a Safe Procedure
If your doctor has recommended that a surgical procedure would be the best option for your current health condition, here is how the process of scheduling your surgery will look like. Please note that our Surgical Coordinators are here to help you each step of the way. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you might have.
- If you are having anesthesia for your procedure, our anesthesiologist will reach out to you to discuss your medical history and answer any questions you may have.
- You can help us ensure your safety and comfort before and during your procedure by following the instructions below. Please share them with the person that will care for you after surgery.
- If you need reschedule your surgery, please notify Jessica or Lucy as soon as possible at (562)522-7286.
2. If you are having general anesthesia or sedation
- Take nothing by mouth the night before. This includes drinking liquids, chewing gum, mints, or candy. If you brush your teeth, please do not swallow. If your surgery is later in the day, please consult with your anesthesiologist about the last time you may consume any solids or liquids.
- If you take medication regularly, you will be advised by your nurse or doctor which medications are acceptable to take before surgery.
These instructions are for your safety. Please follow the directions closely to avoid possible cancellation.
3. Preoperative Appointment
- If a preoperative appointment is necessary to clear you for surgery, please do not skip this appointment.
- Make sure you have all necessary blood work and tests done less than 30 days before surgery when possible.
- If medical clearance is necessary, make sure you give your physician’s information to staff so they may follow up.
- Notify staff of all medications you are taking, including herbal remedies and vitamins.
4. Day Before Surgery
- Drop off and pick up all necessary prescription medication. Complete Care Surgical Center does not fill prescriptions and recommends you have them filled before going home.
- Confirm your arrival time with surgical coordinator. Please arrive one hour prior to surgery unless directed otherwise.
- If you are having general anesthesia or sedation, arrange for a responsible adult to pick you up after surgery. You will not be released from care without a responsible caregiver.
- Do not smoke anything or drink alcohol 24 hours before surgery.
- Avoid blood thinning over the counter medications.
- If you have questions, please ask your doctor our call us
5. Day of Surgery
- Do not wear makeup or fingernail polish.
- Wear glasses instead of contact lenses.
- All jewelry, including body piercings must be removed.
- Bring a copy of your insurance card, photo ID, and payment.
6. After Surgery
- Follow all post-operative care instructions.
- Make sure you keep your post-operative appointment.
- If you feel you are having an emergency, you may contact the staff at GYN Emergent Care Center anytime with questions or walk in any time at 855 376 2496.
Can’t talk right now? Schedule online! It’s fast, convenient, and availble 24/7.
CALL OUR OFFICE
Want to speak to someone immediately? Call us 24/7 at 562 424 8422
CHAT WITH US
Need real time help online? Our Patient Coordinators are here to chat with you.